Forum » The Geeks Corner » Adobe Flash - Adobe Reader - Shockwave » Adobe Acrobat - Fix the out of memory error

Adobe Acrobat - Fix the out of memory error

• This should fix Adobe out of memory error:
    Open Adobe Acrobat Pro
    1. Open "Edit" on the menu.
    2. Go to Preferences
    3. On the left select "Documents" uncheck/unselect "Save As optimizes for Fast Web View"
    4. On the left select "Internet' > uncheck/unselect "Allow fast web view"

Restart the computer it should stop giving you "out of memory"
    On a remote server log off, log back in it should stop giving you the error.

The out of memory error has NOTHING to do with how much memory you have it's a problem with the poorly written code in adobe acrobat software. I try not to use anything Adobe as most of it is just not that good and NEVER worth the HUGE prices they charge.

This has been a problem in Adobe Acrobat Pro since 2011 and is stili not fixed. But it is Adobe LOL pay lots of money for software that doesn't work correctly!
    My System:
    Case: Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass.
    Motherboard: Asus Prime TRX40-Pro.
    CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X@Auto OC.
    Water Block: EK Velocity sTR4 copper & nickel.
    Radiator: Thermaltake Pacific CL429 64mm pure copper.
    Water Pump & Res: 320 GPH Pond Pump, 5 Gallon Reservoir.
    Memory: 64 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 18-19-19-39 CR1.
    Video Card: Asus TUF AMD RX 6900XT OC 16 gigs
    Hard Drives: 1 Crucial 256gig M550, 2 Crucial 2TB SSD's,
    1 WD 10TB 256meg cache, 1 WD 5TB 128meg cache, 2 Seagate 4TB 256meg cache.
    Power Supply: Corsair 1050 watt SINGLE RAIL.
    OS's: LINUX Xubuntu 20.04 LTS x64 and Windows 10 Pro.
      January 24, 2019 7:29 AM PST
  • Hi BestUSA,

I would need your help regarding matter.
    we have some PDFs that is auto generate by Banks and they have insisted their adobe application has no issue.
    I have follow the instruction that you provide earlier : 

Open Adobe Acrobat Pro
    1. Open "Edit" on the menu.
    2. Go to Preferences
    3. On the left select "Documents" uncheck/unselect "Save As optimizes for Fast Web View"
    4. On the left select "Internet' > uncheck/unselect "Allow fast web view"

Restart the computer but it still getting the same error.
    very strange case is that one of my user are able to open this PDF while the rest like 5 users include me was not able to do so. what we have done
    1) uninstall and reinstall Adobe DC reader to latest 2200120117 and I have change from 32bit to 64bits. 
    2) I have untick this following setting at Security (enhanced) > Protected Views, Enabled Protected View from startup, enabled enhanced Security and restart my PC but none of is working well. 

My RAM is 8GBs and I have tested on new laptop but problem persisting. able to advise other option to resolve this issue 
      May 19, 2022 10:26 PM PDT
  • Welcome Serene,
    Adobe is just such a pain sometimes I never use it. First you can download Foxit the free version does almost everything the paid version of Adobe does. It's what I use in Linux, Win 7, Win 8 & Win 10.

Here is a link:
    https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/

After you download that and install it see if it will open the .pdf files? If it does then the .pdf is fine and Adobe is the problem. If they still do not open then the problem is with the pdf file.

If the problem is with Adobe:
    Un-install use something (Maybe Ccleaner) to clean the registry. BACK-UP THE REGISTRY FIRST. Then if you know how to open your AppData folders? Open the AppData folders and delete everything that says Adobe (ONLY IF THE ONLY ABODE YOU'RE USING IS THE READER). Then go to C:\Program Files and delete Adobe again, then C:\Program Files (x86) and delete anything Adobe. (ONLY IF THE ONLY ABODE YOU'RE USING IS THE READER)

If the problem is the pdf file:
    Download the files to a new folder on C drive. Make a folder on C drive "Adobe" download the files to that folder and see if they open. If you're using Windows 8.1, 10 or 11 in some cases it takes your permissions away for things downloaded to the Desktop, Downloads folder or Documents folder.

Let me know?
    And could you post which OS you're using?

My System:
      May 22, 2022 4:11 AM PDT
  • Hi beast-usa (Admin),

I have a few laptops and PC. 1 laptop are running window 10 2H1N, 1 Macbook running Mac OS 11 big sur and PC are running as Window 7 SP2. I have tried both ways which open via https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/ -->; same issue happened using foxit PDF file and copy and save the file from document to C and D drive directly and reopen again. same issue happened.
      May 26, 2022 7:57 PM PDT
  • OK so you have 3 PC's (PC = PERSONAL COMPUTER) unless you rent the MAC? LOL
    Your MAC is also a PC if you own it. :)

1 Running Windows 10 either 20H1 or 21H1
    1 Running Windows 7 ? (Home, Pro or Ultimate) SP2
    1 Running Mac OS 11 big sur.

And you're getting the same error on three different operating systems with Adobe and Foxit?
    I've never gotten an error with Foxit, Adobe it's a hourly thing it has errors every few minutes most don't cause problems with the user just just the computers.

Can you try do these two things?
    1. Post the EXACT ERROR you're getting? (a screen shot would be great)
    2. Try to use any other .pdf file NOT FROM THE BANKING SYSTEM. (Do you get the same error)

Most .pdf errors are permission problems on the OS. Or the most common are a problem with Adobe Reader, Adobe Pro.

If one OS was having the problem I would blame that OS. Problems in Windows 10 (WORSE OS EVER MADE) I can see but problems in OS 11 & Windows 7 is not normal.
    My System:
    This post was edited by beast-usa (Admin) at May 27, 2022 9:28 AM PDT
      May 27, 2022 9:27 AM PDT
  • Hi Admin,

Yes all 3 x PC are personal owned.
    1 Running Windows 10 either 20H1 or 21H1 --> 21H1
    1 Running Windows 7 ? (Home, Pro or Ultimate) SP2 Window Pro SP3
    1 Running Mac OS 11 big sur. Macbook running under OS 11 big sur

And you're getting the same error on three different operating systems with Adobe and Foxit?
    yes I tested the same files that send by that particular bank with adobe DC, adobe Pro X and Foxit which encounter same error. 

I have even went to https://dochub.com/ to load the PDF but it does not help. 

Can you try do these two things?
    1. Post the EXACT ERROR you're getting? (a screen shot would be great)https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iWrqHLQKKm2YKjsregIhOCkzRngQD0_s/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=104660929735918586198&rtpof=true&sd=true
    2. Try to use any other .pdf file NOT FROM THE BANKING SYSTEM. (Do you get the same error)
    No I did not get this type of error when using on other PDF files. only this particular Bank system. 
      June 7, 2022 6:26 PM PDT
  • [blockquote class='siteforum_icon_quote']serene low said: Hi Admin,
    No I did not get this type of error when using on other PDF files. only this particular Bank system. [/blockquote]

I know banking systems don't like to here it but the problem is with their file. If ONLY their .pdf's give the out memory error it's a problem with the file.

A few things you can try:
    1. Down and save the file to a folder (NOT DESKTOP or DOWNLOADS) and try to open?

2. Confirm the password (copy & paste passwords is always the best) Ctrl + C then Ctrl + V to paste.
    (most password boxes don't have right click but the Control Key Commands work 90% of the time)

3. Right click the file and under the "Security" tab make sure you have permission to read & write the file. If it says you don't have permission to access the Security tab. Then you need to go to the Advanced Security settings and add your username to the list of users that have FULL ACCESS to the file. ( I don't remember the exact wording for those settings I will check next time I'm on a Windows computer. I use Linux 99.999% of the time)

If one of those work let me know because we can narrow down the problem for the bank. And find an easier way for you to open them.

If it's encrypted which it should be anything wrong with how the file saves or password will cause errors. Right 

My System:
      June 8, 2022 6:43 PM PDT